- He shops at independent bookstores. And buys books for his kids (and those of his staff!).
- He brings 5 books (2300 pages) with him on a one-week vacation.
- He answers questions about literacy, including making a comment about being a C students isn’t a mark of honour for a president.
- He proclaimed October 2009 as National Information Literacy Awareness Month.
- He is the subject of many articles and blog posts (such as this one) which talk about his love of reading and how it will affect, and be affected by, his presidency.
- He is considered well-read in many genres and subjects, even when people would normally consider these public lists a PR stunt.
- His inner poet is a major factor in his election and his popularity.
- He is a writer. A good one.
- He sent a handwritten note to Yann Martel, telling him how much he enjoyed reading Life of Pi with his daughter. That earned him some serious bonus points on many levels.
Can anybody think of anything I’ve missed?