Quick hits for this week:
- Are hardcovers really this far into collector status?
- Part of a blog carnival looks at creating literacy rich environments for our children.
- Apparently, NATO is working on literacy training for Afghani soldiers.
- Is literacy helped or hindered by all of our emailing, blogging, twittering, facebooking … ?
- A six-year-old learns about simple division and purchasing audiobooks through iTunes.
- A look at the top ten traits of young writers.
- Making a case for student blogging. Also, here are some ideas for literacy learners using blogging.
- We know that lots of our high school students can’t read … but why?
- The argument for handwritten drafts, even in the age of computers.