Quick hits for this week:
- What does it mean to teach disciplinary literacy?
- Sarah from The Reading Zone walks a mile in a reluctant reader’s shoes.
- The government of Afghanistan has asked countries that donate aid to focus 80% of that funding to a list of 23 priority programs, which includes literacy programs for adults.
- Some interesting advice about supporting a bilingual child’s reading in both of their languages.
- A look at how the act of reading might change with the shift to digital.
- In the age of computers and the Web 2.0, is blogging a “door” to digital literacy?
- Has the internet made us “stupider” by teaching us to endlessly skim?