Hour 9 Mini-Challenge:
* Pick up a book that you’ve read today, or are currently reading.
* Choose a song that goes with the book – could be that it fits the overall feel of it or even a certain scene.
* Create a blog post answering the following:
- Book title
- Soundtrack song
- Why you chose that song
* If possible, include a clip of the song (ie, youtube video).
The first book that I finished today was Alice Munro’s Too Much Happiness. If you don’t want to read the entire review, let’s just say … it’s not actually about happy people. What did you expect? It’s Alice Munro!
When I thought about a soundtrack song for this book, the first thing that came to mind was Everybody Hurts (REM). I think the choice is pretty self-explanatory: every single character in the collection of short stories is hurt in some way, usually emotionally. Here’s the original video for the song:
Hour 10 Mini-Challenges:
Make a map challenge showing where the book(s) we’re reading today take place.
- Go to this map.
- Zoom until you find the location you want to click
- Click edit, which will give you the ability to add a pin mark.
- Enter the book(s) you’re reading or have read today. Include the title and author. If you’re reading in the past or future, feel free to include the year too! If you want to include your blog address (if you have one), please do!
- Click OK to add your pin.
- Click Done in the left side bar.
I put a pin into a Google map showing where one of the books I read today took place. I chose to mark Lahore, Pakistan, where Iqbal takes place.